Work tasks and field of teching
- Chair the research area ”Social Medicine and Public Health Sciences”
- Teacher at the medical school
- R & D coordinator for the Local Health Care in the Western County, Östergötland County Council.
- Research director for Lifestyle Intervention Implementation Research (LiiR) group who conducts research on lifestyle habits and how to influence people to change their unhealthy lifestyles.
- Implementation of lifestyle interventions in the health sector
- Development of innovative lifestyle interventions
- mHealth and eHealth
Current research projects:
- Development of an SMS based stop smoking intervention
- Development of SMS and mejl based alcohol interventions to university students
- Board member of the Swedish Journal of Social Medicine
- Deputy member of the Regional Ethical Review Board in Linköping
- Board member of the Board of the Department of Medicine and Health
- Board member of the board of student health care at the University of Linköping
- Board member of Linköping physician society
- Scientific Advisory Board to the National Institute of Public Health
Rheumatoid Arthritis. Patient perception of disease, care, quality of life, coping and well-being. A study from a Swedish health care district.
Preben Bendtsens publications in DiVA (publication database).
Name: Preben Bendtsen
Position: Professor, Subject representative
Department: Department of Medical and Health Sciences
Division: Division of Community Medicin
Research area: Social medicin
Specialist in Social Medicine 1993
Phone: +46 10 1034615
Entrance 15, floor 11
Department of Medical Health Sciences
Division of Community Medicine
SE-581 83 Linköping
Last updated: 2013-05-07