PhD student in Football Research Group. Dedicated to sports medicine, epidemiology and prevention of sports injuries with special emphasis on football. Main supervisor Professor Jan Ekstrand.
- Injury risk in football at the highest professional level. (cooperation between the European Football Association and Linköping University)
- Analysis of injuries and injury mechanism in 30 professional teams from 8 European countries.
- Injury studies at European championships in football.
- Nordic initiative to prevent injuries in top football - NFIA (Nordic Football Injury Audit) in cooperation with OSTRC (Oslo Sports Trauma Research Center), Oslo University.
- Evaluation of different methods for prospective injury registration of football injuries.
- Comparison of injuries sustained on artificial turf and grass and the influence of adaption between play on different surfaces.
- Relation between injury risk in football and climate.
Individual risk factors for injury in professional football.
Co-workers in Football Research Group:
Tel: +46 13 161892
Tel: +46 13 224232
Telefon: +46 44 213412
Telefon: +46 11 330181
Name: Karolina Kristenson
Position: PhD Student
Division: Community Medicine
Telephone: +46 13 318990
Fax: +46 13 351112
Department of Medical and Health Sciences
SE-581 83 LINKÖPING
Entrance 15, floor 11
The University hospital of Linköping
Last updated: 2010-04-14